525 Golden Gate Avenue (at Polk St.)
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 551-3000; FAX (415) 551-3050
In-Person On-site Hours: Monday to Friday (excluding holidays), 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. only
Customer Service Phone & Email Assistance: Monday to Friday (excluding holidays), 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Beginning July 12, SFPUC’s Customer Service Bureau will resume in-person services from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday through Friday on the 1st floor of 525 Golden Gate Avenue. Walk-ins are welcome for all services, except for new service installations, which will require an appointment.
Hetch Hetchy Power
Customer Service/Billing: (415) 551-4720
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
CleanPowerSF Call Center
Customer Service/Billing: (415) 554-0773
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Automated Call Center Service Available 24/7.
Other Important Numbers
- Human Resource Services (415) 554-1670
- General and Media Inquiries (415) 554-3289
- TDD Hearing/Speech Impaired (415) 554-1672
Subscribe to Digital Newsletters
Keep up-to-date on the latest SFPUC news, publications, and projects. Subscribe today.
- Digital Currents: Stay informed of our key initiatives, program efforts, and general projects.
- Southeast Newsletter: See what we have been up to in the Southeast neighborhoods of San Francisco.
- Sewer (SSIP) newsletter: Stay up to date with the Sewer System Improvement Project.
- Beach Water Quality: Receive alerts regarding the quality of the water in our local beaches.
- Southeast Construction Updates: Be informed on traffic notifications, project timelines, milestones, and any additional relevant information occurring at the Southeast Treatment Plant.
Website Questions or Feedback
Report a Problem
If you are experiencing a water, power, or sewer emergency or service problem call our 24-hour hotline at 3-1-1 or (415) 701-2311 from outside SF or log on at www.sf311.org/.
This includes problems that you may be experiencing with the following:
- no water service
- low water pressure
- issues with taste, odor or color of your water
- streetlight outages
- power outages
- sewer backups
- clogged catch basins
- wastewater odors
Note to Requestors: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Mayor has issued supplementary orders suspending select provisions of the Sunshine Ordinance which will affect how soon you may receive responsive documents. This memo provides details.
We have structured our process for responding to public records requests in accordance with the California Public Records Act (California Govt. Code § 6250 et seq) and the San Francisco Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code) which requires all agencies and boards and commissions created by the City Charter or by Ordinance or Resolution passed by the Board of Supervisors to make City agency records available to the public.
More information about the Sunshine Ordinance public records request process is available through the San Francisco Sunshine Ordinance Task Force and the City Attorney’s Office.