Residential and Commercial Grease Collection Program Has Ended
SFGreasecycle was developed in 2007 with the intention of diverting Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) from our sewer infrastructure and helping residents and restaurants with a simple and cost-effective way to dispose of their used cooking oil. The private sector has matured and is now servicing San Francisco restaurants. With the closing of the commercial program of SFGreasecycle, the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) has decided to also end the residential program. We are now focusing on educating San Francisco residents on how to properly collect and dispose of their used cooking oil.
What Should I Do With My Used Cooking Oil?
- Compost it. For small amounts of oil, soak it up with paper towels and place in green compost bin.
- Use it again. Cool down the used oil in your pan, strain out the food scraps for composting, and pour the oil into a clean container to use again
- Take it to Recology's Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Visit their website for instructions on how to ensure a successful drop-off. https://www.recology.com/recology-san-francisco/hazardous-waste/
What can commercial businesses and restaurants do with their waste grease?
Contact a local grease hauler who provides free cooking oil pick up services in San Francisco. Please contact the businesses directly for more information.
- Alansi's Oil and Grease Recovery: (415) 774-6257
- Biotane Pumping: (559) 977-1967
- DAR PRO Solutions: (415) 647-4890 or (415) 647-9384
- North Bay Restaurant Services: (707) 824-9737
- SeQuential: (800) 447-3794
- Smart Alternative Fuels: (855) 873-3645 or email@example.com
Need More Information?
Contact our team at (415) 695-7310.