The SFPUC is recognized throughout the world as a leading utility which delivers high quality water, wastewater treatment and power services through efficient, state of the art technologies which protect and sustain our precious resources. We are proud of our infrastructure and programs, but most importantly, we value our highly qualified and dedicated workforce which ensures that this vision becomes a reality.
As you explore career opportunities with us, download our career guide and learn about what you can expect during the hiring process.
The SFPUC is comprised of three essential 24/7 service utilities: Water, Wastewater and Power. These functions are supported by the Business Services, Infrastructure and External Affairs bureaus. See our Organization Chart and descriptions.
Our Mission and Values
Our core mission is to provide our customers with high quality, efficient and reliable water, power, and sewer services in a manner that is inclusive of environmental and community interests, and that sustains the resources entrusted to our care.
We value sustainability as a fundamental business principle, showcased through the adoption of an agency-wide strategic sustainability plan to ingrain the values of a sustainable future into our agency’s core processes.
Most importantly we value our workforce and community as reflected in the core values adopted by our organization:
- Service: We focus on customer satisfaction, health and safety
- Excellence: We strive for personal and professional excellence. We recognize exemplary performance as we seek continuous improvement
- Trust: We act with honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect: We understand and appreciate the inherent value of our staff, customers, and community
- Teamwork: We support a cooperative work environment. Our team is strengthened by the diversity and contributions of its members.
- Equal Opportunity: We provide opportunities to all staff to contribute and reach their potential. To achieve this, we must be a learning organization.
- Communication: We listen and communicate honestly and openly.
- Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to our care.
- Safety: We take the health and safety of all of our employees seriously and strive to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
Where We Work
We have various work locations across the Bay Area and Northern California, stretching from the Civic Center in downtown San Francisco all the way to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada.
Commitment to Diversity, Equal Opportunity Employment, and Workplace Safety
We celebrate and value the diversity of our workforce and encourage women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans to apply for all employment opportunities within a safe workplace which is free from harassment and discrimination. Job applicants are considered on the basis of job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, medical condition or pregnancy.
We operate under the rules of the Civil Service Commission which governs the merit system, including specific procedures regarding selection, appointments, promotions, employment status, and probationary periods. These rules, and our deep commitment to diversity, inclusion, and a safe work environment, ensure that all of our employees who are dedicated and committed to developing their careers and achieving the highest levels of proficiency will have the opportunity to compete for a variety of new and emerging opportunities, such as promotions and special projects, across our diverse enterprises and bureaus.
We actively support a safe and healthful workplace for all employees through the safety programs implemented at all levels of the organization. Our employees perform a wide range of job tasks that require specialized health and safety training, procedures and equipment, and we are committed to ensuring that all employees are provided with the resources to work safely.