The SFPUC recognizes the importance of protecting privacy, and is in accordance with the 2019, SF Admin Code Ch 19B, “Acquisition of Surveillance Technology” ordinance.
A “Surveillance Technology” is defined as:
- A software, electronic device, system using an electronic device, or similar device.
- Used, designed, or primarily intended to.
- Collect, retain, process, or share.
- Audio, electronic, visual, location, thermal, biometric, olfactory or similar information.
- Specifically associated with, or capable or being associated with, any individual or group.