SFPUC customers can qualify to receive a rebate of up to $5,000 for the purchase of eligible commercial grade clothes washers in laundromats, commercial properties, or common area laundry rooms of multi-family properties with more than 10 dwelling units.
See our Residential-Washer Rebate Program for washers installed in residential properties or individual dwelling units.
- The property where the clothes washer is installed has an active commercial or multi-family SFPUC water service account.
- Commercial grade machines must be installed in commercial properties or in the common area of a multi-family property with 10 or more dwelling units.
- You have not received a washer rebate from us in the past 10 years. Previously rebated machines will only be eligible for replacement rebate if they have been in place for a minimum of 10 years.
Steps to Apply
- Verify that you have purchased a qualifying 2023-24 Energy Star Most Efficient Labeled clothes washer within 90 days of submitting your application. 2023-24 Qualifying Product List (QPL) for Commercial High Efficiency Washer (HEW) Rebate Program.
- Read the application program rules and directions (English | Español | 中文) before proceeding to the online portal.
- Register the water account with our online Water Conservation Application System. To register, you will need the ten-digit Water Service Account Number and the account service address zip code.
- Click "APPLY NOW" under the Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate icon and complete the application.
- Submit a completed W-9 form to the City Controller's Office.
- Complete an onsite installation verification inspection by the SFPUC.
For questions or more information on this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 551-4730.