SFPUC customers can qualify to receive a rebate of $100 for the purchase and installation of an Energy Star Most Efficient (ESME) high-efficiency clothes washer included in the program's Qualifying Product List. If you recently purchased or plan to purchase a coin-operated commercial-grade washing, see the SFPUC's Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate Program.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed must have a service address and an active water service account.
- You are a residential single-family or multi-family (i.e. apartment buildings) account holder or live in multi-family housing (i.e. townhouse, condominium) where you pay your water bill through rental costs or home owner association dues.
- The residential property where the clothes washer is installed has not received a washer rebate from us in the past 5 years. Please verify before purchasing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The clothes washer must be delivered and installed and rebate applications must be completed within 90 days of purchase date. The washer cannot contain silver ion technology.
- Verify that you have purchased a qualifying 2023-24 Energy Star Most Efficient clothes washer.
- Review the application directions and program terms.
- Register the water account with our online Water Conservation Application System.
- Apply for your residential clothes washer rebate online.
Click "APPLY NOW" under the Residential Clothes Washer Rebate Icon (NOT the Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate icon) and complete the application process.
- Applicants are required to submit a completed W-9 form to the City Controller's Office.
We reserve the right to inspect the installations.
For more information on this program, please email email@example.com or call 415-551-4730.