We are offering rebates of $500 per commercial high-efficiency clothes washer with a water factor of 4.5 or below.
The Commercial Washer Rebate Program is for the purchase and installation of commercial grade clothes washers only. For multi-family accounts, washers must be installed in a common area. Residential grade machines are not eligible to receive a rebate through this program.
You are eligible for a rebate if:
- The property where the clothes washer is installed has an active commercial or multi-family SFPUC water service account.
- You have not received a washer rebate from us in the past 10 years. Previously rebated machines will only be eligible for replacement rebate if they have been in place for a minimum of 10 years.
Steps to Apply
- Verify that you have purchased a qualifying 2021-22 Energy Star Most Efficient Labeled clothes washer. View the program's qualifying product list.
- Read the application directions and program rules before proceeding to the online portal
- Register the water account with our online Water Conservation Application System. To register, you will need the ten-digit Water Service Account Number and the account service address zip code.
- Apply for your commercial clothes washer rebate online by clicking "APPLY NOW" under the Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate icon and filling out the application.
- Submit a completed W-9 form to the City Controller's Office. Directions are provided in the online application.
We reserve the right to post-inspect the installed commercial washers at the provided installation address.
For questions or more information on this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 551-4730.