The Commercial HEW Rebate Program is for the purchase and installation of commercial grade common area clothes washers only. Residential grade machines are not eligible to receive a rebate through this program.
We are offering rebates of up to $500 per commercial high-efficiency clothes washer with a water factor of 4.5 or below.
For complete program rules, please download the Commercial HEW Rebate Package below and review the application before purchasing.
You are eligible for a rebate if:
- The property where the clothes washer is installed has an active SFPUC water service account.
- You are a commercial or multi-family (apartment, condominium, etc.) account holder. For multi-family accounts, washer must be installed in a common area.
- You are required to schedule an inspection for any site where 2 or more washers are rebated.
- You have not received a washer rebate from us in the past 10 years. Previously rebated machines will only be eligible for replacement rebate if they have been in place for a minimum of 10 years.
Steps to Apply
- Verify that you have purchased a qualifying 2020-21 Energy Star Most Efficient Labeled clothes washer.
View the program's qualifying product list.
- Verify that you are a commercial or multi-family (apartment, condominium, etc.) account holder. For multi-family accounts, washer must be installed in a common area (building shared space) and serve occupants from multiple dwelling units. Single-family properties are not eligible to receive the commercial washer rebate, nor are multi-family properties for washers installed in individual dwelling units for the use of only the occupants of those individual apartment or condo units.
- After verifying that your recently purchased clothes washer qualifies, register the water account with our online Water Conservation Application System. To register, you will need the ten-digit Water Service Account Number and the account service address zip code.
- Once registered, apply for your commercial clothes washer rebate online by clicking "APPLY NOW" under the Commercial Clothes Washer Rebate icon and filling out the application (NOT the residential washer rebate icon).
- Applicants are required to submit a completed W-9 form to the City Controller's Office. Directions are provided in the online application.
We reserve the right to post-inspect the installed commercial washers at the provided installation address.
View the program guidelines/terms and the list of required application questions. Note: This document is not the program application.
For questions or more information on this program, please call (415) 551-4730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.